Sometimes I don’t want to be right, but I predicted this one. My local whack job, Scott Lively, is now claiming credit for the gas line explosion that blew up a strip club in my city, Springfield, MA. Apparently, the utility worker that accidentally hit the gas line was doing God’s work in trying to blow up himself and a bunch of police officers and firefighters. I wonder what good ole Scott (Defend the Family of Abiding Truth Ministries) and his Holy Grounds Coffee House will pray for next for Springfield. It hasn’t even been two years yet since he told the Boston Globe that he is “toning down his antigay rhetoric and shifting his focus to helping the downtrodden.” Does that means he is willing to let hundreds of now homeless people crash at his house? Is he willing to give all of those unemployed exotic dancers well-paying jobs in his ministry? Well, why not? His manager was a convicted pedophile. And he lived ABOVE the coffee house. Oh wait! That’s right! Scott “didn’t know.” And even if he had known, he said, “That’s the beauty of the salvation of Christ. When you come to Jesus Christ, and you accept his forgiveness for your sins, then you are forgiven by Him and enter a new life. It doesn’t surprise me that he had a rough past, that he has a criminal record.” Maybe it doesn’t surprise him because he has his own checkered past, as an alcoholic and drug addict who hitchhiked across the US (doing who knows what) until he found God in an evangelical church. Maybe he should have tried AA first!
So anyway, back to caring for the downtrodden… That must be what he was doing when he asked everyone to pray, “Finally Lord, we pray that you would destroy the works of Satan in this city [Springfield, MA] and ask you demolish them in such a way that it is clearly by your hand alone and not the works of men, saving the people but destroying the institutions that have set themselves against your truth.” I guess he didn’t like that God sent a utility worker to blow up the strip club, as it is not apparent enough that it was God’s work.
I just can’t get over how crazy this guy is. Well, at least he is not saying I am bisexual because I had sex with demons in my dreams. Well, not yet, anyway… And the guy is seriously considering running for governor!
- Springfield, MA Gas Explosion (sarasjansen.wordpress.com)
- Scott Lively: God Totally Exploded A Strip Club Because I Prayed For It To Happen (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Anti-Gay Evangelical Scott Lively Thrilled That the ‘Kill the Gays’ Bill May Be Passed (towleroad.com)
- Were you raped by a demon? (mojoey.blogspot.com)
- ‘Kill The Gays’ Bill Instigator Scott Lively Praises God For “Cleansing” City With Violent Explosion, Takes Credit (pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com)
- Savage on Thanksgiving lesbian attack: ‘2nd Amendment applies to queers, too’ (rawstory.com)
- Anti-Gay Pastor Scott Lively Considers Massachusetts Gubernatorial Bid (ontopmag.com)