Last night I had to decide if I wanted to stay up for the beginning of NaNoWriMo. Of course, LIFE set in… The administrative work I needed to complete kept me from writing a single word! I guess that is why I see so many people saying they “plan” for NaNoWriMo. My third year, and I still have not planned. Maybe next year. However, I am not giving up for this year. Plan or no plan, I will keep going! Of course, writing in my blog does not count toward my book, unless I am planning to write a book about blogging. Well… no… Anyway, it was a good thought.
So, the administrative work I had to complete consisted of updating all of my sites about self-publishing my first novel, which I mostly wrote during NaNoWriMo 2010. Between G+, Facebook, my blog, and all of the Author Pages you must update for all of the Amazon sites, it was overwhelming. And I’m not even on Twitter yet! I need to hire someone to manage my social networking for me so I have time to write!
What have I learned from this? Planning is so important! Had I planned properly, I probably would not have self-published on Amazon.com on Halloween, the day before NaNoWriMo starts! I am so excited to have my book published, and I wanted to put that chapter of my writing to an end (no pun intended, really!), so I did it anyway.
I hope everyone that is taking this journey with me wrote more words than I did. I will catch up with you though. I promise!
- It Is the Day I Start Writing (allparanormals.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Dilemma (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of NaNoWriMo (onewaytowonder.wordpress.com)
- Are You Ready For NaNoWriMo? (cristianmihai.net)
- Should I Stay Up for NaNoWriMo? (sarasjansen.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Starts Today. (jessielansdel.wordpress.com)
- Writers Unite With Activity for NaNoWriMo! (awalkforaustralia.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month begins today, and with it, the… (updates.gawker.com)